Monday, August 1, 2016

What I Expect From a Formal Presentation

When I view a formal presentation I expect  the presenter to be formally dressed and groomed because I came to hear a prepared person and finding out that the presenter is not groomed or formally dressed would make me doubt if he prepared or not. I also expect him to be prepared with a planned script, because I don't like to be sitting hearing improvisations. I expect the presenter's voice to be not too loud and not too quite because hearing a presenter that is too loud is bothering and hearing a presenter that is too quit is awkward. I expect the words to flow smoothly out of his mouth because this would tell me that he knows what he is talking about. I would like to see images or examples  if he talks about topics or concepts that are not easily understood because that would make me think he considered his audience when planning the presentation. I also would like to see evidence with his claims not just numbers because this would help me trust what he is saying. When I hear a presenter I expect him to sound secure of what he is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment